April 18 in Tampa Bay baseball:
- Pitcher Rick Gorecki (biceps tendinitis) and infielder Wade Boggs (strained right calf) were placed on the 15-day disabled list.
- Pitchers Jason Johnson and Eddie Gaillard were recalled from Triple-A Durham to Tampa Bay.
- Manager Larry Rothschild was dismissed from his duties and replaced by bench coach Hal McRae.
- First base coach Jose Cardenal was dismissed from his duties and replaced by bullpen coach Lee May.
- Catching instructor Darren Daulten was named as the bullpen coach.
- Bullpen coach Terry Collins moved to the third base coach position.
- Third base coach Billy Hatcher moved to the bench coach position.
- Pitcher Travis Harper was optioned to Triple-A Durham.
- Pitcher Dan Wheeler was recalled from Triple-A Durham.
- Infielder Dan Johnson was claimed off waivers from Oakland.
- Pitcher Calvin Medlock was designated for assignment.
- Pitcher Scott Kazmir and catcher Dioner Navarro were sent to Advanced-A Vero Beach for injury rehab assignments.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Vaughn, Rick; Costello, Chris; Landy, Greg et al., eds (1999). Tampa Bay Devil Rays 1999 Information Guide. St. Petersburg, FL: Tampa Bay Devil Rays Public Relations Office. p. 277.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Vaughn, Rick; Costello, Chris; Landy, Greg et al., eds (2002). Tampa Bay Devil Rays 2002 Media Guide. St. Petersburg, FL: Tampa Bay Devil Rays Public Relations Office. p. 248.
- ↑ Vaughn, Rick; Costello, Chris; Molina, Carmen et al., eds (2007). Tampa Bay Devil Rays 2007 Media Guide. St. Petersburg, FL: Rays Communications Department. p. 264.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Roster >> Transactions: April 2008". RaysBaseball.com. MLB Advance Media. http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/team/transactions.jsp?c_id=tb#month=4&year=2008&team_id=139. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- ↑ "Florida State League Transactions: April 2008". MiLB.com. Minor League Baseball. http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_trn&lid=123&sid=l123&ymd=200804. Retrieved February 23, 2013.